Multi Modal Panel Discussion
06. 19. 2019
Multi Modal imPORTant debate
At Multi Modal this year, Import Services’ Client Services Director Mike Thomas took part in a panel discussion / debate featuring various logistics experts exploring examples of how closer cooperation with ports, have helped shippers supply chains as well as the existing or future hurdles foreseen for the logistics supply chain.
It was a lively discussion, introduced by Tim Morris, CEO, UK Major Ports Group (UKMPG) and the panel went in depth on:
- The evolving role of ports in 21st century supply chains. How ports can help businesses increase profitability and speed-to-market, while cutting carbon emissions
- How cargo owners can benefit from working more closely with the port and its teams
- Sharing examples of how closer collaboration can work
- Lessons learned so far from Brexit about the role of ports
- What more could ports do to help manufacturers, retailers and FMCGs in volatile, uncertain and ambiguous times?
- How can data-rich technologies build through supply chain visibility and efficiency and where is more collaboration needed?